The IGS is a national, multidisciplinary society.
Membership is available to:
- Health and social-care professionals
- Academics involved in the study of ageing
- Those concerned with advocacy for older people
- Opportunities to network with a broad range of people from the numerous disciplines and interests of gerontology
- Encouragement to submit research papers at study days and scientific meetings
- Regular updates about relevant national and international events
- Participation in international networks through our membership of IAGG
- Regular updates on the fast-moving area of ageing in our members’ newsletter
- Opportunities to influence submissions and policy development
- Learn from international thinkers and practitioners at our events
There are two membership categories: ‘Ordinary’ or ‘Associate’.
Associate membership is available to those who are resident outside Ireland and the UK.
If you would like to become a member of the Irish Gerontological Society please contact:
Please note: membership is also included in the registration fee for the Scientific Meeting each year.