Postgraduate Research Day
Friday 27th April 2018
Education Centre, Our Lady's Hospice & Care Services, Harolds Cross, Dublin 6
Submission Deadline: Friday 30th March 2018
Please bring this information to the attention of any colleagues to whom it may be of interest.
*Students who are interested in presenting their work should apply to:
Elaine O Connor, Hon. Secretary, Irish Gerontological Society.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
• Dr. Rose Galvin “Troubleshooting for your higher degree”
• Dr. Derek Hayden “Surviving analysis: A clinician’s guide to research”
• Dr. Mary Walsh “Developing and diversifying your skills as a postdoctoral researcher”
Our popular and practical research day is aimed at students who are registered for a postgraduate degree (MD, PhD, MSc) in the field of ageing research. Postgraduate students are welcome from: Nursing, Medicine, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech & Language, Social Work, Sociology, Biology, Psychology, Health Policy, Health Economics, Audiology and any discipline concerned with healthy & active ageing.
We welcome students who:
• would like to present a summary of their work* and/or
• would like to avail themselves of this learning opportunity and/or
• are considering a career in research If you know of any postgraduate students who might be interested in presenting or attending, please share this information with them. We would be grateful if you would disseminate this information widely throughout your learning networks.Please note: the deadline for receipt of student applications to present Friday 30th March. Each accepted presenter will be allocated 15 minutes (12 minutes for presentation, 3 minutes for questions and feedback.
The cost for all delegates including presenters to attend this event is €30 (includes tea/coffees & lunch). Please note that places are limited.