Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the IGS has had to defer its Annual and Scientific Meeting. In its place, we have developed the IGS Online Scientific Programme 2020/2021 under the following umbrella theme:
Changing Horizons in Gerontology
United in Solidarity with Older People
Under this banner, for the duration of our membership year, we will deliver a series of online educational, research and networking events for our members. These will include symposia, lectures (including our annual ALONE Willie Bermingham Lecture), special interest group meetings, and other events.
Provisional Autumn/Winter Timetable 2020
PLEASE SEE SIDEBAR FOR DETAILS OF INDIVIDUAL EVENTS
- Improving bone health in older people (Sponsor: Amgen)
- Update on frailty (IGS members only)
- Oct 1st 2.00 pm. IGS ALONE Willie Bermingham Lecture and presentation of 2020 IGS President's Medal (open). Followed by IGS 68th Annual General Meeting (members only)
- Improving stroke prevention for older people (IGS members only. Sponsor: Bayer)
- Improved approaches to older people’s mental health and wellbeing (Sponsor: Lundbeck)
- Webinar. A joint education initiative in association with the Institute of Medicine, Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI). (by invitation only).
- Update on delirium (IGS members only)
- Improving outcomes of falls and syncope in older people (Sponsor: Daiichi Sankyo)
- Seasonal miscellany (IGS members only)
- Advances in Parkinson's Disease (Sponsor: Clonmel Healthcare)
The IGS acknowledges Daiichi Sankyo as our Innovation Partner 2020-2021. The company has no influence, nor liability for any of the content provided in our educational material. We thank them for their support.
The IGS Scientific Programme 2020/2021 is sponsored by unrestricted educational grants from:
We thank these sponsors for their solidarity and support.
For sponsorship details please contact email@example.com
For event details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org